Harley Davidson FLH, Electra Glide. 1977
This is an almost 100 % original Harley Davidson, with the following exceptions:
- On July 28, 1990, I changed the original speedometer to a new one. The old one was not reading the speed accurately, it was moving up and down about 5 mph continuously. When I changed the speedometer out, the old one was reading 4300 miles, so the total miles on this bike is 12737 miles. I marked the date and mile reading from the old speedometer on the new one. Can be seen when lifting speedometer out from tank holder.
- In 2006, I had a new (stronger) chain and sprockets installed. The old chain elongated and had to be re-adjusted every 2 – 300 miles. No adjustment where necessary since.
- About 2004, a crow hit my windshield and shattered it. I replace the windshield at that time.
- The tires and inner tubes where replaced about 15 years ago.
- Installed an oil filter kit to replace original screen about 30 years ago
The reason for selling my beloved Harley Davidson is for the fact that I am too old to ride it. I have a bad back and the bike has just gotten too heave for me. In the last 6 years I only rode about 200 miles on it. Not driven for about 4 years now.
I changed the oil every 500 miles, or every 6 months, whatever came first. Usually the 6 months came first, as there where many years when I only used it 3 or 4 times a year during our short riding season. It was always wintered over on jacks, tires off the ground, in my garage.