Shipping a motorcycle to most parts of the United States is cost-effective and routine. The most important part is to find an experienced and reputable shipping company.
There are many companies, but not all of them are suited to properly ship a motorcycle. Below are several companies who have experience in shipping motorcycles across the United States:
Cost of Motorcycle Shipping
The cost of shipping a motorcycle depends on the motorcycle size and weight, shipping distance and type of destination. For most motorcycles, you can expect to pay between $400 and $1,000.
There are some exceptions. For example, if you're shipping a motorcycle to certain areas in New York, it will cost more due to road tolls and access restrictions. Some areas are not accessible to certain shipping trucks due to height restrictions and narrowness of the roads, which increases the shipping cost. The shipping company should tell you if this applies to your shipping request.
Questions to Ask When Hiring a Shipping Company
- How much do you charge to ship a motorcycle from point A to point B?
- Are there any special fees I can expect to pay?
- Do you have experience in transporting motorcycles?
- Do you have the necessary equipment to secure the motorcycle while it is being transported?
- Do you provide insurance for the items you ship? What and how much does it cover?
- How long will it take for the motorcycle to be delivered?
- Do you offer shipment tracking and updates?
- Will I be notified when the motorcycle is close to the drop-off location?
- How would I schedule the pick-up?
- Do you outsource your shipping services to independent contractors?
Learn about different payment options.
ChopperExchange is being compensated by one or more of the parties mentioned or linked to on this page.