The Harley-Davidson® Seventy-Two™ motorcycle is a metal flake dream machine, a Sportster® on a trip back to the days when the cool kids rode a Sting-Ray and the big boys parked choppers in a row on the curb. Those motorcycles were long and lean; Coloma gold flakes and gleaming chrome shimmering in hazy summer sunlight. From its Coloma gold flake paint and ape bars to its narrow whitewall tires, the Seventy-Two is a respectful nod to that era, and to the influence of the custom culture that still percolates today.
2013 Harley-Davidson XL1200V Seventy-Two Key Features
Powertrain is finished in Gray powdercoat with chrome covers
• Chrome, eight-inch round air cleaner cover
• 2.1-gallon Peanut Tank with lightening hole mounting bracket
• Dunlop® white wall 21-inch (MH90-21) front and 16-inch (150/80B16) rear tires
• Chrome Steel Laced wheels
• Stainless steel mini-ape handlebar, mounted on a two-inch high riser
• Chopped rear fender
• Side-mounted license plate
• Solo seat with black textured vinyl cover
• Handlebar-mounted speedometer with chrome cup
Chrome rear fender struts
• Chrome coil-over pre-load adjustable rear shocks
• Forward foot controls
The Seventy-Two motorcycle offers a classic Sportster® 2.1-gallon fuel tank, narrow whitewall tires, Chrome Steel Laced wheels, and high mini-ape handlebar that complete a look that nods to chopper custom motorcycles of the 1970s and to current trends in garage-built custom motorcycles.
• Air-cooled Evolution® 1200cc V-Twin engine with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI), rated at 73 ft. lbs. peak torque at 3500 rpm
• Rubber-mounted powertrain to reduce vibration
• 5-speed Transmission
• Chrome, staggered, shorty dual exhaust with slash-cut mufflers
• Disc Brakes
• Optional factory-installed Harley-Davidson® Smart Security System with hands-free, proximity-based security fob
Retro Air Cleaner Cover
This 8-inch, street legal, mirror-chrome air cleaner cover makes a powerful statement that recalls the glory days of old iron crossed with a clean, contemporary look.
Whitewall Tires and Laced Wheels
Large (21-inch front) lace-spoked wheels with their bold brilliant white walls complete the old school low-rider look.
Hard Candy Custom Color